April 17 - To rising juniors and seniors: Room selection update
Dear rising junior and senior resident students,
I hope that this email finds you and your loved ones well. We miss having you all on campus and look forward to when students will be back residing in our halls again. Please review the following updates on room selection.
- Floor plans and PowerPoints are available in MyHousing. These contain directions for roommate matching and room selection, as well as layouts of halls, breakdown of rooms by size, etc. Log into MyHousing and review the information under messages.
- Selection times will be distributed Tuesday, April 21. You will receive an email directing you to your MyHousing.
- Selecting roommates: Please note there is a very limited amount of single spaces on campus and we strongly encourage students to mutually match in roommate selection on MyHousing. It is important to know only students participating in the selection process you are signed up for will be visible in the roommate matching application.
- If you do not have a roommate please complete the following form: Looking for roommate(s)
Upon completing that form you are agreeing to have your name and Salve email shared with other students in the same housing selection process and same gender that are also looking for roommates. It is the responsibility of the students to reach out to each other to find compatible roommates.
- There is no guarantee that students will get the room type or size that they prefer. It is important that you have several backup plans in terms of rooms and possible roommates.
- Students are required to be registered for a full time class schedule (12 credits minimum) for the fall 2020 semester to take part in the room selection process.
Interested in Gender Inclusive Housing?
Gender inclusive apartments would allow students of different genders to live in the same apartment. Bedroom assignments within an apartment would be single gender.
Example: An apartment could have a double room of women and a double room of men and each would have their own bathroom.
If you would be interested in living in gender inclusive housing if offered for next year please email email@example.com before 4 p.m. on Monday, April 20. Include the names of each student who would reside in your gender inclusive apartment.
Thank you for reviewing this email and all the relevant documents in MyHousing. Residence life is available via phone and email to answer any questions you may have.
The Office of Residence Life