Tobin Hall

Tobin Hall currently houses the Office of Safety and Security. The former gardener's cottage for Catherine Lorillard Wolfe's sprawling Vinland estate, the property was acquired by Salve Regina in 1969 and later named for two beloved former professors - Sister Mary Jean Tobin and Sister Mary Eloise Tobin.

Designed by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns, the Colonial Revival structure was completed in 1884. In 2002, Salve Regina received a historic preservation award from the Newport Historical Society for Tobin Hall's exterior restoration.

Just the Facts

Building Type: Administrative