Moore Hall, located on Shepard Avenue, accommodates sophomore students. Built in the 1880s, the structure reflects the Queen Anne style, combining design details from the 17th and 18th centuries. Salve Regina acquired the property in 1950 from Cornelius Moore, a former Newport mayor and chairman of Salve Regina's first Board of Trustees.
Just the Facts
- Historic home/carriage house
- Housing capacity: 35
- Room options: Two singles, two doubles, seven triples and one eight-person room
- Amenities: Lounge and kitchen on the first floor
- Room and board
Building Type: Upperclassmen Housing