Students at Salve Regina have the opportunity to live in former mansions and other architecturally significant buildings situated throughout our historic campus. Ocean views, fireplaces and grand staircases are common features of the University's residential landscape.
First-year students live in our traditional residence halls, designed to help them meet classmates and get involved with activities, while most sophomores choose from one-of-a-kind rooms in mansions and cottages. As juniors and seniors, some students choose to live in on-campus apartments with full kitchens, while others reside in the nearby neighborhoods of Newport.
Students residing on campus can easily access downtown Newport on foot or via public transportation. Steeped in history, diversity and religious tolerance, today's Newport is a tourist mecca, with shops, restaurants, museums, galleries and sporting events permeating this "City by the Sea."
Important dates for the fall 2013 semester
- Sunday, Sept. 1 - Freshmen and new students arrive
- Tuesday, Sept. 3 - All resident students arrive
- Wednesday, Sept. 4 - Classes begin
- Monday, Oct. 14 - Classes canceled for Columbus Day
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 to Sunday, Dec. 1 - Thanksgiving break (residence halls closed)
- Sunday, Dec. 1 - All resident students return to campus
- Tuesday, Dec. 10 - Final day of classes
- Thursday, Dec. 12 to Wednesday, Dec. 18 - Final exams
- Thursday, Dec. 19 - Residence halls close for Christmas break