Certificate of Graduate Studies
The Certificate of Graduate Studies is designed for students with bachelor's or master's degrees from accredited institutions in areas related to the field of study. Twelve to 15 credits are required for the certificate, and coursework must be approved by the program director.
Should a student desire to continue beyond the certificate by entering the master’s program, he or she should contact of Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education. If the student is accepted, the required courses already completed will be applied to the master’s degree consistent with University policy.
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies
The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies is designed for students who have completed a master’s degree from an accredited institution and who are seeking advanced knowledge within their field of study. Students should consult with the program director in advance of pursuing this certificate regarding the appropriate program for their career interests.
How To Apply
The following materials must be submitted:
- Completed online application.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Personal statement.
- One letter of recommendation from a person able to evaluate the candidate's academic potential. Letters should be submitted via the recommendation form.
- Non-native English speakers are required to submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS. To be considered for admission, students must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 100 or IELTS score of 7.0. English proficiency exams may be waived for those applicants who have earned a degree from an overseas university where the primary language of instruction is English, or from a college or university in the U.S.
Students who are currently enrolled in one of Salve Regina’s master's programs should complete the application form designed for internal candidates.