The Exploratory Day of Service provides a common experience for incoming students that encourages a commitment to service and creates a shared opportunity for reflection and learning. Volunteers are dispersed throughout Aquidneck Island to support and meet the needs of local community agencies and individuals.
Save the date: The 2015 Day of Service will be held Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Students participating in the Day of Service:
- Develop an awareness of the issues affecting the Aquidneck Island community.
- Develop an increased knowledge of the various community partners working to improve the Aquidneck Island community.
- Help improve the Aquidneck Island community in the near future.
The 2014 Day of Service included 645 student participants, 31 faculty and staff and 34 student mentors. Twenty-four local community partners took part in the day as well, totaling an estimated 2,130 hours served for the day.
- Atria Aquidneck Place
- Bike Newport
- Boys Town New England
- Child & Family
- Clean Ocean Access
- Cluny School
- Confetti Foundation
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- Edward King House
- Emmanuel Church
- Fort Adams
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
- Looking Upwards
- Lucy's Hearth
- McKinney Cooperative Shelter
- Methodist Community Gardens
- Middletown Senior Center
- Mumford Manor
- Norman Bird Sanctuary
- Salvation Army
- Seamen's Church Institute
- St. Paul's United Methodist Church
- Town of Middletown
- Village House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center