For complete details on room and board and meal plan options, visit the Business Office website.
Salve Regina places great value on the contributions a quality residential experience can make to a student's development. Experience has shown that campus residency in the first two years of a student's college career is crucial to personal growth and the refinement of social skills. As a result, first-year students and sophomores who are not commuting to campus from their parents' home are guaranteed housing and are required to live on campus.
For first-year students, the room assignment process begins with an online housing application, which provides the Office of Campus Life with the information necessary to assign students a roommate and residence hall room.
Housing applications for new students are available online from May 1 through July 1 each year. After July 1, room and roommate requests are processed. Please note that roommate requests are only granted when all students requesting roommates have indicated the option on their respective applications. In mid-July, first-year students receive notification through their Salve Regina email address that their room assignment and roommate information is available through the My Salve portal.
For more information on housing policies, rights and responsibilities, view the Campus Life portion of the student handbook.
What to Bring
- Pillow, mattress pad, bed linens (extra long is suggested)
- Toiletries, towels, washcloths
- Shower sandals, shower caddy
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp
- Storage containers
- Laundry/cleaning supplies
- Trash can
- Sticky tack
- Surge protector/heavy-duty extension cord
- Umbrella/rain boots
Things to Coordinate With Your Roommate(s)
- Up to a 3.1 cubic foot refrigerator (one per room)
- 0.7 cubic foot microwave (one per room)
- Television/DVD player
- Room decorations
Do Not Bring
- Cooking appliances (single-cup coffeemakers such as Keurig, Breville and Tassimo are allowed)
- Electric blankets
- Space heaters/air conditioners
- Halogen lamps/spider lamps
- Alcohol (including empty, decorative alcohol bottles and shot glasses
- Cars (first-year students are not permitted to have cars on campus)
- Weapons of any kind (including decorative swords and paintball guns)
- Road signs
- Drugs/drug paraphernalia
- Hookah pipes