Built in 1888, the Munroe Center currently houses the Office of Information Technology. Conceptualized by Charles Eamer Kempe as the stables for the Wakehurst estate, this rusticated stone carriage house echoes the Gothic lines and English manor style of the estate's primary structure. Salve Regina acquired the building in 1972 and named it for University trustees and benefactors Martin and Rita Munroe.
Just the Facts
Building Type: Administrative