For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency can be demonstrated using the following methods:
- Minimum PTE Academic score of 53
- Minimum TOEFL scores of 80 iBT or 550 paper-based official test score
- Minimum IETLS score of 6.5
- A 550 or higher on the critical reading section of the SAT will automatically waive the PTE, TOEFL or IELTS requirement.
- Non-native English speakers who attend secondary school where English is the language of instruction may have the PTE, TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived.
For questions related to PTE, TOEFL or IELTS requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants with scores below these minimums will be considered for admission with a requirement to enroll in two semesters of Salve Regina's credit-bearing English for Academic Purposes program.
Applicants with English proficiency scores significantly at or below Salve Regina's required minimums (PTE 43, TOEFL 70, IELTS 4.5) will be considered for conditional admission. The University does not offer a full ESL program, therefore, students who are conditionally admitted should attend an ESL program of their choice for one or two semesters and submit updated PTE, TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet Salve Regina's minimums to gain full admission.
SAT or ACT scores will also be required for full admission into nursing and education programs.
Click here for admissions requirements for master's degrees.