Who May Apply
Individuals with master’s degrees who are highly motivated to explore the relationship between humanities and technology are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
The following materials must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education by March 15 for September admission, Sept. 15 for January admission and Jan. 15 for June admission:
- Completed graduate application form.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each college or university attended, including proof of an approved master’s degree with a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty who have taught the applicant, that address the applicant’s ability to succeed in doctoral studies. Letters should be submitted via the recommendation form.
- GRE test scores no more than five years old.
- A 15-page paper completed for a master’s degree course.
- An online writing sample.
- A current resume.
Applications must be completed within one year of initial submission or individuals may be required to resubmit materials. All application materials become a permanent and confidential part of University records and are not returned.
Program of Study
Students in the doctoral program are encouraged to meet with faculty advisers periodically and with the graduate program director at key transition points during the program.