The Academic Center for Excellence assists students with their college-level learning strategies through one-on-one sessions with Susan Pratt, educational psychologist and director of the center, as well as through regular workshops offered throughout the semester.
Topics may include:
- Time management and planning
- Reading textbooks
- What it means to study
- Test preparation and test taking
- Preparing for and taking standardized professional tests
- Understanding your learning style
- Learning strategies that use your learning style
- Managing multiple projects, papers, tests and assignments simultaneously
- Other topics as needed
To schedule a one-on-one meeting, visit the Academic Center for Excellence, located on the second floor of the McKillop Library. Students may schedule single or multiple sessions.
Fall 2016 Workshops
Space is limited and registration is required. To register for any or all sessions, call (401) 341-2226 or stop by the Academic Center for Excellence, located on the second floor of the McKillop Library.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27: "Study Smarter, Not Harder: Making Studying Pay Off in the Results You Get"
- Tuesday, Oct. 18: "Tests: The Art and Skill of Test-Taking"
- Tuesday, Nov. 8: "Mastering Long-Term Projects Alongside Daily Obligations to Get High-Quality Results"
- Tuesday, Dec. 6: "Tests: The Art and Skill of Test-Taking"